Broccoli Recipes from Our Family to Yours.
HOW TO USE BROCCOLIChoose broccoli heads with tight, green florets and firm stalks that feel heavy
for their size.
When bought fresh and stored unwashed in an open plastic bag, crisp
drawer, or container in the refrigerator, broccoli can keep up to 10 days.
- If you're serving broccoli raw, you can crisp it by soaking it in cold water for about 10 minutes. Broccoli can be eaten raw, steamed, blanched, or baked/roasted.
- Broccoli tastes best when it's cooked until tender but still has some crunch.
- If you cut the broccoli ahead of time for easy snacking, pat it dry after rinsing and store it in a loose container or bag. Plan to eat it within 3 to 5 days.
- Try cutting broccoli into small, bite-size pieces if enjoying raw in a salad.
- Thinly slicing or shredding raw broccoli will create a nice crunchy texture. Broccoli florets may be prepared in the microwave in just 2 to 3 minutes.
Here are some broccoli recipes . . .