Gingered Apple Salad
Ginered Apple Salad
Here’s a refreshing twist on the classic Waldorf salad. Seasoned with ginger, dried cranberries and water chestnuts, this combo is quick and delicious.
- 3 medium Triple B apples
- 1 can (8oz) water chestnuts, drained & finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 3 Tbsp crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- ½ cup vanilla yogurt
- ¼ cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- ¼ to ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp salt
- ¼ cup chopped, toasted pecans
In large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, sugar, ginger and salt; pour over apple mixture and toss to coat. Chill until serving. Just before serving, sprinkle with pecans.