Cabbage Fritter "Batter"
- 16 oz shredded cabbage
- 2 carrots - grated
- 1 medium onion – thinly sliced
- 3 large eggs
- 4 - 5 tbsp flour
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 3-4 tbsp fat for frying - oil of your choice
- Shred the cabbage with a mandolin slicer. You will need 16 oz, about 7 packed cups. Or about 1/3 of a medium head of cabbage.
- In a large bowl add all prepared ingredients and toss lightly to combine and coat everything with egg. You can use your hands. Don’t use force while mixing, you don’t want to draw too much water from the cabbage.
- Note: The cabbage mixture might look like a slaw at first, without much hope for sticking together, but don’t worry, the fritters will hold together once fried.
- Heat a non-stick skillet on medium low heat for 3 minutes or so.
- Add fat for frying, let it heat for 1 minute.
- Form a ball in your handsand place it in the heated skillet. Press down with a spatula or your hands to flatten. The thinner the better it will cook inside.
- Fry 3 minutes per side. Or until the surface is golden brown and
Recipe via: Healthy Taste of Life